At Vision Plymouth and Nuffield Health Hospitals, your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure that, we do follow usual universal precautions in our clinical areas and offices. Additionally, we wipe down the waiting areas and common spaces with disinfectant regularly.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting the following:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or persistent new cough
- loss of taste or smell
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty in breathing
- nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox, monkeypox
- other contagious disease
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or monkeypox or who was quarantined as a precaution.
- Wearing face covering including both mouth and nose is advisable at all times.
- If you are having an operation, we will provide you with the up to date guidance on what is required to do before your admission.
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for your cooperation.